Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kim K.: If I married for money, I would've stayed

When reality TV queen Kim Kardashian swung by "Live! With Kelly" on Monday, she and host Kelly Ripa spent some of their time rehashing the backlash to Kim's intent to divorce.

Many have alleged that Kim's brief marriage to pro basketball player Kris Humphries was nothing more than another way for the endorsement-happy star to line her pockets, a claim that Kim has continuously denied.
If that were true, she told Kelly, then getting divorced was "a bad business decision."

If you really think about it, she continued, "it doesn't make sense that everyone thinks that...[I]f this was a business decision and I really made all that money that everyone was claiming we made off this wedding and if the wedding was fake and just for TV, I'm a smart business woman, I would've stayed married longer."

In the end, Kim reiterates that she was just trying to follow her heart. "Me being such a hopeless romantic, I really wanted to believe in something so badly," she told Kelly. "I really didn't think that following my heart would create so much backlash."

As for what she's learned, "I learned that I just really need to rewrite my fairy tale...I just really felt like I definitely tried everything I felt like I could. I heard stories of people who had kids and stayed married for years and it ended up not working out. I want babies, and I want that forever love, and I just felt like if I feel in my heart that this isn't right, then why wait years to have the same result."
 
Filed under: Celebrities • Kardashians • television

4 comments:

Unknown said...

esther! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog (www.SatinandSalt... the post was on peanut butter cups) Im so glad you found me! I also love that you blog taps into real issues. To be honest, I don't read the news paper, I don't have television, I dont read fashion magazines... so your blog is a perfect way for me to stay connected! Excited for the next post!

-Nico

www.SatinandSalt.com

ps, did you want to maybe follow each other?

Interestedtips said...

waoooooo Satin and salt am so exited that u love my blog, i will be doing my best on trying to update it everyday, i think its good idea that we follow each other daily, we get to learn more
xoxox Nico

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I really tried to like Kim, but it seems everything in her life is about business and money. She has such horrible luck with men. I don't know what to think anymore.

http://averysweetblog.com/

Interestedtips said...

hey Kim,To me i think she is a drama queen,may be she is after something, lets keep waiting